Friday, December 3, 2010

Signs of home

Just a short note from Lancing, Michigan. Only a few days ago we were in Tennessee. Time flies and the miles fade into the rearview (too cheesy?). It's bitter sweet, pointing the compass north. It means the trip is nearing its conclusion. It also means there are signs of home.

Last night, pulling into Michigan, there was snow blowing across the road. I'm ok with the colder weather, but the south's warmer climate definitely won me over. Alex on the other hand sees snow and his thoughts turn to frozen roads and the coming driving season. And when we neared Okemos, the side-of-the-highway food-plaza included Tim Horton's. I won't say Tim's coffee is anything special, but I'll concede that Tim Horton's is a legit Canadian institution. Definitely turned my thoughts to getting home.

Anyway, that's enough out of me. I'm off to JavaBarn. More soon.
Loren

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to have you here in Michigan - glad we were among the places you selected as stops in your tour. I'm now well into my signed copy of Alex's book and enjoying it as I turn the pages. And it was a genuine pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet Alex. Safe travels as you complete your journey.

    ReplyDelete